Welcome to day 7 of Your Next Stamp’s Winter Wonderland Designer Showcase.
Over 12 days the design team and guests are sharing winter filled creations. Plus, we are giving away a prize each day! One random comment left on each day’s post will be selected to win a $10.00 gift certificate to the YNS Store. Leave a comment by 12/25 at midnight EST for a chance to win; all winners will be announced on 12/27.
Today, Julie is taking over the blog to share a tutorial on making die cut tags.
Today I am sharing a quick way to make shaped holiday tags. If you are like me then you have not started wrapping presents and may just need a few extra tags to add a fun touch to your packages. I may not own an Ugly Christmas sweater, but I do own the Ugly Sweater stamp set! How about a sweater shaped tag to put a smile on someone’s face?
- Ugly Sweater stamp set
- Ugly Sweater die set
- Heavy white card stock or watercolor paper (I used 140 lb water color paper)
- Winter Knits Paper Pad
- Coloring medium (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers)
- Ink pad
- Heavy Duty hole puncher or Regular hole puncher (*see special instructions for regular hole puncher at steps 1 and 2)
- Floss, twine or ribbon
1. Stamp sweater on the water color paper and color or stamp sweater on patterned paper. Die cut out the colored/patterned paper sweater. (*Hole punch the top of the sweater if using a regular hole puncher that can not go through more than one layer)
5. Glue the colored sweater on top of the 2 solid white die cut sweaters. 3 layers creates a sturdy base and is important when using a shape that has long thin portions – like the sweater sleeves. The extra layers will stop the sleeves from getting bent.
Today’s tutorial is focusing on holiday tags, but there are so many other occasions that shaped tags would work well. Grab some of the larger YNS Stamps with coordinating dies and get creative!
Don’t forget to leave a comment before you go and scroll on down to learn more about Your Next Stamp’s challenges! The tags I created pull in the colors from Challenge #54…have you played along yet?
Challenge #54 is open through Thursday, January 5, 2017 at midnight EST. Yes, this challenge is running for 4 weeks – more time to play!
One random participant will win a $15.00 gift certificate to the YNS Store, plus if the winner uses YNS products on their creation they will receive an additional $5.00 on their gift certificate. We also select our favorite creation featuring YNS products from all participants and announce a “Top Pick”. The random winner and “Top Pick” will be announced on the YNS blog the Sunday following the challenge close. Link up a picture of your creation from your blog, gallery, etc. at the bottom of this post and you will be entered to win.
PLUS…if you are using YNS products on your creation why don’t you take the YNS Social Media challenge too?! You don’t need to create a different project, simply add your Challenge #54 entries to IG, SCS or FB. Check out all the details in the rules at the bottom.
If you use the sketch feel free to swap out shapes or rotate; so long as we can see the basic sketch was your inspiration.
If you choose the color combo, be sure to use at least 3 colors and feel free to add in neutrals.
*****Be sure to join in the fun and share your own creation inspired by either the sketch or the colors OR both! Link up your project through Inlinkz below. Note only 3 entries per person.
- YNS’ challenge #54 ends on Thursday, January 5, 2017, at midnight EST
- If you use the sketch feel free to swap out shapes or rotate; so long as we can see the basic sketch was your inspiration.
- If you choose the color combo, be sure to use at least 3 colors and feel free to add in neutrals.
- Only new creations please.
- Limit of 3 entries per challenge # per person, each entry must be different.
- Be sure to link back to our challenge in your blog post or gallery entry.
- Entries not meeting the challenge guidelines will be removed.
- All stamps are welcome, although we love to see YNS stamps and dies on your projects.
- One random participant will win a $15 gift certificate to the Your Next Stamp store. If YNS stamps or dies are the focal point then the winner receives an additional $5 gift certificate for a total of $20. The winner will be announced on the YNS Blog the Sunday after the challenge closes.
- The YNS Top Pick will receive the “YNS Top Pick” badge and their project will be featured on the YNS Blog the Sunday after the challenge closes. To be considered for the Top Pick, YNS stamps/dies must be the focal point of your project.
- Social Media mini challenge – Does your challenge creation feature YNS products? Then take our social media mini challenge to be entered in an extra prize drawing! In addition to the inlinkz link up below to your blog or gallery, add your challenge creation to Instagram with “#yournextstamp” and “#ynschallenge54”, the YNS Facebook page referencing “challenge54” in your comment, and/or the SplitcoastStampers gallery with keyword “yournextstamp” and“ynschallenge54” and be sure to mention the YNS Challenge. There will be a separate drawing for all challenge projects added to those 3 social media sites during the challenge time period. If you add to one site then you receive 1 entry in the drawing. If you add to two you receive 2 entries and 3 entries if you add to all three. Remember, this is only for challenge creations featuring YNS products. The random winner will receive a YNS Store gift certificate for $20.
- Have fun!!!
-Julie and the YNS Team